Ola señors and señoritas. Today I hand you the yummiest and easiest banana bread recipe including some crisp apple!
When becoming vegan, I started buying bananas in bulk. 20 bananas were bought at a time; to mash them into pancakes, make some glorious smoothies or even (n)icecream! But as you might guess, whenever I didn’t get to finish the bananas, I would be left with 4 mega spotty bananas. That was the time I would turn them into banana bread.
Originally I would repeatedly bake the recipe by the Dutch organization Vegan Challenge. But I swapped some things around to make it more to my likings.
vegan banana/apple bread
- 300 grams whole wheat flour You can sub for a gluten free blend.
- 70 grams cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 grams rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 80 ml sunflower oil
- 100 ml water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 80 grams apple sauce I used a 100% apple one!
- 1 apple
- 3 ripe bananas
- Pre-heat your oven on 180C / 355F
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Blend all the wet ingredients, including the bananas, in a blender.
- Combine the dry with the wet until it becomes a batter.
- Chop the apple into cubes and leave some thin slices for on top.
- Fold the apple cubes into the batter.
- Pour the mixture in a greased (or covered with baking paper) oven dish, garnish with the apple slices (can add a little bit of sugar on top, for browning) and bake it for ± 40 minutes.
- Pour the mixture in a greased (or covered with baking paper) oven dish and bake it for ± 40 minutes.