Can you feel Cupid’s arrows already? For everyone that has been living under a rock; it’s Valentine’s Day y’all! And I think I’ve got just the right recipe for you: Vegan butter cookies.
I have baked cookies since I was a child. Mostly around Christmas time, with my mom, but I would grab every moment to bake something that I could share with others. I remember making small holes in the upper cookies (as we would put some strawberry jam in between 2 cookies). We were also not allowed to eat the cookies straightaway, we had to wait at least a few days because the older the cookies, the better they would get (Czech myth I think?). Anyway, these cookies down here will be able to be consumed right after the chocolate has hardened.
If you’ve lost track of time or weren’t able to make something special for your loved one.. Don’t worry I’ve got your back. You’ll be able to whip up these vegan butter cookies in less than 45 minutes. If you want the coating(s) as well, you’ll need a bit more time, love and patience. But I’ll assure you it will be worth it once your partner sees these cookies!
Vegan butter cookies
- 1 ¾ cup of butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ½ cups of rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup crushed chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 360F
- In a saucepan melt the butter, sugar and milk.
- Mix the oats, baking powder, salt and flour in a big bowl.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients you just mixed.
- If the dough seems too watery, add a little more flour.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin .
- Cut out cookies into hearts with a cookie cutter and place on a baking tray covered in parchment paper.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool around 10 minutes, in the meantime use a double boiler to melt the chocolate.
- Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate and put them back on the cooling rack.
Let me know if you try out the cookies, make sure to tag me if you share them on Instagram!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin